Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy news

I came home from the gym to three men I didn't know in our apartment (this is all too common here) but this time they weren't installing ugly curtains or drilling needless holes in the ceiling.

They were installing cable! Cable people!

Now, I'm not usually a huge television person. But the thought of watching something besides free pilots downloaded from iTunes is too exciting not to share.

When I ceremoniously flipped on the TV for the first time, the Kardashians were on! I've never felt more at home in our new home! I took a shower, and when I got out, I actually peaked my head around the corner to be sure that the TV was still working. It wasn't of course, but it came back on soon enough. And now I've been watching a solid HOUR of television! Three and a Half Men (not so good--obviously my standards have dwindled), The Daily Show, and now The Colbert Report.

Life is good.

As I have spent the whole day feeling jealous about the Downton Abbey Season 3 premiere at home, timing couldn't be more perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Good news. Welcome back to the 21st century.
    Internet soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm worried that Downton has already been on here, like in the UK. I hate E! but I watch more of its programs than I care to admit. They love that stuff here!

    ReplyDelete