Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day at the Beach

I don't want to brag, but I've gotten pretty good at sitting in the sun. Whether it's relaxing at the beach or our pool, I've never felt more at ease with wasting the day away by the water. A lady of leisure I don't want to become, but I've done a respectable job of playing the role for the past couple months.

Rob recently had two well-deserved days off. He's been working stupid long hours--16+ hour days--so I put aside my usual, obnoxious "we're going on an adventure!" rhetoric so that he could rest.

No better time than mid-February in Dubai to spend a day at the beach! The weather is perfect--80s during the day and breezy by the water so you don't feel like you need to submerge yourself in water or else your skin will burn off. We have less than two months until going outside feels like walking into a kiln, so we're capitalizing now.

We chose a public beach right next to Rob's hotel, with views of the Palm Jumeirah and the tall buildings surrounding the Dubai Marina. We especially enjoy this beach because of the entertainment provided by the 100+ people each day who jump out of airplanes right above us.

But while I consider myself something of an expert in the art of sun bathing, Rob's complexion and the fact that he can't sit still during his waking hours make him less so. Here he is keeping busy by looking for sea shells.

And here we are in our nerdy matching sunglasses, never more obvious than in a close-up self-portrait!

2 comments: