Monday, February 25, 2013

Marketing Around the Globe

In honor of starting my job this Wednesday (yay for a shockingly quick visa process!), I thought I would share this little nugget of marketing genius I found on the Dubai Groupon site.


In case you can't make it out, it summons spirit of relaxation you can experience when you drink the tea that comes with their herbal Moroccan bath.

"Like watching the sun rise or seeing a baby climb down from a tree on its own, drinkin tea can help you relax."


Yep. For my money, nothing says relaxation like watching your infant climb down the trunk of a towering conifer (or a palm if you're in Dubai) without your guidance.

5 comments:

  1. Careful my daughter.
    Congrats on the Wednesday thing. Knock em dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on starting your new Marketing gig. I'd hold off on using any baby and tree analogies for the Ritz but Groupon does have its own "language" that still makes me say, what?

    Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea. I'll steer clear of the "your Ritz-Carlton stay will be like watching a baby climb down a tree" pitch until I'm settled in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It did. Days will be long--11-12 hours each. I'm remaining positive and considering it more time to learn my craft. Yay for positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positivity is important, and at the very least can get a laugh. I had a friend who, in the middle of something that was tough, would say "the best part about" and go on to find something positive about whatever was going on. For example, "the best part about staying up to study all night is that you can have first pick of pastriesat the coffee shop in the morning." Or, "the best part about running 15 miles in freezing rain is that you get to experience icicles forming on your ponytai.l Not everyone gets to experience that."

    It would always be ridiculous and would always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete